- There's FREE family fun this weekend at beautiful Farmleigh in the Phoenix Park on both Saturday AND Sunday. Jogging in the steps of the our Taoiseach and his new friend Mr. Trudeau, you and your kids can also sport some snazzy socks and enjoy puppet shows, and music in the bandstand.
- More FREE fun when the bi-locating Laya Healthcare City Spectactular comes to FItzgerald Park in Cork this Saturday and Sunday following a knock out weekend in Dublin. Jugglers, break dancers, mysterious magicians and many more to keep you going for a weekend of world class, award winning street performances. Plus all sorts of other family fun.
- At Collins Barracks this Sunday there will be a FREE family portrait workshop inspired by the Museum's current exhibition Portrait of a Century. Create your own interpretation of a portrait with artist Deirdre Rogers and an array of unusual and tactile materials from ReCreate. All art materials provided.
- If you fancy some fresh air this weekend, one fantastic spot we strongly recommend is Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens in Co. Wicklow. Entry is FREE! This outpost of the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin was developed so that plants that love acid soil (like the peaty conditions on this Wicklow estate) would feel right at home. Its a great place to run around and the plants are pretty spectacular - there are often trails around the gardens to help you find out a few bits and pieces. (Check out the 10 foot tall Himalayan Lily which is apparently currently in bloom!)
- Finally, there is a kid-friendly, alcohol free evening screening of Grease in Fr. Burke Park on Friday 14 July, thanks to Happenings and 7UP. Tell me more?